Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Study, Study, Study.... and Study some more.

That's what I've been doing.

Seriously.

Nothing else to report. Except that PA school is hard. Like, unbelievably hard. If anyone tells you otherwise, they're either a genius (which we do have some in our class...), they're LYING, or they could be failing. 

Right now I'm enrolled in seven classes:
Anatomy
Physiology
History Taking and Communication Skills
Introduction to the PA profession
Physical Diagnosis 1
Fundamentals of Medical Imaging
Cultural Issues

We haven't started them all - in fact, we don't start Medical Imaging until about half way through the semester. And History Taking and Communication Skills is only once a week, and Cultural Issues and Intro to PA profession is really whenever they can fit it in.
Unfortunately we have Physiology THREE times a week and Anatomy THREE times a week regularly. Physical Diagnosis 1 has about two lectures a week and a Lab every week. We have our first lab tomorrow! We are learning the General Survey and Vital Signs (which seems so obvious, and yet more than half of us have never actually done them!)


I got my student ID yesterday, which was pretty cool. It has a giant, mean looking shark on it that looks like it's about to eat my head. Here's a picture:


Well, that's enough for today... I tend to do my best studying at night (I think that it has something to do with knowing that the day is about to end and I'll never get back those hours I just wasted so it's time to hit the books and feel useful. LoL.) But, nonetheless, PA school requires me to study day AND night. So, needless to say, I'm off to study :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany! I saw you share you blog link on Kim's facebook so I followed you too! I hope you don't mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops forgot to say who I am! It's Rachel!

    ReplyDelete