Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Whew.

Well, I made it through my first two days of PA school, as well as GRADUATION!!!! Yay :)


So, the first day was a mixture of easy and overwhelming. Crazy, right. I got there at 7:30am (when the building opened, to make sure I got my good seat!), for an 8:10 class. It was good to get there early. I got my lunch in the fridge before everyone else, and I got my stuff in my locker, set up my computer at my seat and made sure everything was working good.  We had Physical Diagnosis 1 (PD1) for 2 hours, and it was pretty easy.
Then came anatomy.... My prof. doesn't believe in powerpoint, so he has like his own website that we have to download this stuff from. It is possible to make it into a powerpoint (which I did) but it took about 2 hours for him to introduce it to the class and then make sure it worked. It was so overwhelming and exhausting. 
As if it wasn't overwhelming enough, he then started physiology. I was SO lost. I was trying to type all the important stuff he was saying into the PPT, but by the time I did that, I had either forgot what I was writing or he had moved on to the next important thing he was saying. It was awful.
Since we got out at like 3:30ish, I took a short break and went to run some errands. I came back and studied from about 6-8pm and then went to run on the treadmill. (Everyone tells me I need to exercise to stay sane... and I am!) About 9, I started studying again. I was SOOOO exhausted. I don't remember the last time I was that tired. I couldn't keep my eyes open. So, I read the chapter again and then went to bed.

That was Monday.

Today, we didn't have to be in until 10 and stayed until 4:30ish.  We started off with physiology, which I was better prepared for today after reading the chapter.  We went to lunch and I had some good conversation with ppl I hadnt had the chance to talk to yet.  We then met for our cultural diversity class. Then our Intro to PA class...
The good news: We don't have any tests for either class!!!!
The bad news: We have group projects for both classes....
I thought it would be easy to have a group project. I was wrong.  There are just so many opinions and preferences on how to do things that it gets absolutely crazy. I am a planner and I like to have a plan from start to finish, and that will just NOT happen with this class. I will have to be okay with just getting from A to B, then B to C and so on.  I just wish it could be simple. I am the captain for both groups, but that really isn't saying much. I just hope we can get this done nice and easy.
I wish I had the nerve to say this!!!! 


Anyways. Tomorrow we go in at 8 and are finished at noon, but then have to stay for our group to meet. 
Going to study... and feeling 

Have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment